WELCOME!!!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Mr. McDowell's classroom blog. I am very excited to have a classroom webpage and I hope that you will find it useful. The purpose of this blog is to provide a convenient (and reliable) communication link between students, parents, the school and Mr. McDowell. I invite you to check this blog on a daily basis as I will be posting valuable information about the classroom and the school - including daily homework assignments, important dates, classroom/school news, etc.

For your convenience, you can also sign-up to receive "daily updates" from this blog that automatically gets sent to your email every day there is a new posting. Simply type in your email address into the 'submit' box found on the right side of this blog.

More importantly, if you ever have any questions or concerns about your son/ daughter, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone, email, or this blog:

M.C. Knoll School - 786-5540
Email - benson.mcdowell@gssd.ca



Monday, January 24, 2022

Classroom News - Jan. 24

Happy Monday!

Sorry for the NO POST last week.  I was away from the school looking after one of my own kiddos at home.

And...speaking of "being away from the school", I will unfortunately NOT be at school for this entire week - as the COVID bug has found its way into my own home!?!?

I know a few families have already asked about the week ahead - especially for those students who are also at home for an extended time.  Due to the fact that I am unable to be at school, and gather any materials for your son/daughter, I strongly encourage your child to stay up-to-date on the Google Classroom.  I will try my best to post daily assignments - with Math and ELA being priority; Science, Social Studies and Arts. Ed. secondary.  When I return to school (hopefully next week), I would be more than happy to gather a "paper-copy" of the work - for those who would prefer this method of "at-home learning".  For those students who are still able to attend "in school" learning, I have planned a GREAT week of learning for you!  Your substitute teacher, Mrs. Daviduk is excited!

I will also try my best to continue to make a daily post to Edsby - to keep everyone updated with the daily news of the classroom.  I'll be in contact with Mrs. Daviduk each day to get the latest gossip!

If you have any questions/concerns, do not hesitate to reach out.

Take care!  

Homework:
ELA - Small Group Reading #3 (Tuesday, Jan. 25)
Social - Cultural Comparison Google Slides (Friday, Jan. 28)

Reminders:
- Enjoy reading Charlotte's Web with your family - as part of the "One School, One Book Family Reading Program".
- Students will need to dress for appropriate outdoor weather for the Wednesday, Jan. 26 Adventure Ed. class.  Students will be heading to Weinmaster Park to enjoy tobogganing and/or skating/hockey.  For those who plan on tobogganing, please bring your own sled.  For those who plan on skating or playing hockey, you must bring your own skates and helmet.  Hockey players must only play with a soft shinny or ball (NO PUCKS).  YAHOO!

No comments: